Tuesday 22 November 2011

Technology fails; Soups win

My apologies, last night my mobile blogging wouldn't work, stupid technology...

Mandy Williams hosted monday night super soup special (broadcast live on Sky Sports 1) and it was a pleasure to be part of.
Great company, strange eclectic mixture of noises from Radio 4 and a small plethora of delicious soups to sample, transformed my otherwise mundane monday night into an interesting social soup supper.

I gotta firstly appologise for Beth Finnigan for not getting round to trying her offering (Allotment leek and Potato soup), next time...

First up was Dani Bentley's bacon, sweetcorn, sweepotato (i think), amongst other things, soup.
The look of the soup instantly invokes thoughts of health, taste and well being.  The delicate flavours did not let down this professional looking soup down.  All elements of the dish where cooked to perfection and it was a most pleasant experience.
Danni Bently's bacon, sweetcorn, sweepotato (i think), amongst other things, soup
Next up was Mandy Williams French onion soup, with grated Gruyère. 
I've never tried french onion soup, so I wasn't really sure what to expect.  I hope to god that it tastes like this the next.  It must have been cooked for a good amount of time because the onions just melted away, while the Gruyère cheese just added this extra layer of taste and texture that's quite hard to describe.
Mandy Williams French onion soup
 Last but not least was the Chilli Beef.  As you may have gathered from the amount of times I've blogged about this stuff, it's never the same.  I was worried and felt under immense pressure from my peers that this soup would meet the expectations I have set.  Wondering that when i threw this metaphorical dart at the board of taste, it would slam right into the bullseye.  But alas, it wasn't great, and this left me not wanting to taint their experience (which was quite well received) by further complaining about how much better it's been in the past, but to allow them to just taste the god-dam stuff.  It tasted like Ox tail soup, with more pepper in it.
Chilli Beef on tour
Out of 11
  • Taste: 6.5
  • Texture: 6
  • Bouquet/Aroma: 7
  • Heat - Temp: 6.5
  • Heat - Chilli: 5
  • Brownness: 5
  • Beef content: 6
Dipping choice for today: A spoon!

Days since "the spillage" and I've still not cleaned my keyboard: 42

No comments:

Post a Comment