Friday 11 November 2011

5 Senses Soup Experience

A few Fridays ago, i was having drinks and playing some tunes with a friend at my flat, gradually as the beer took hold of my better judgement, the music got louder and louder until the inevitable happened, when the poor fellow in the flat below me politely tapped on my front door asking for the bass to be turned down.  It was loud to be fair.
This situation occurred not because of my disregard for my neighbours, but because all the tunes i was playing where amazing (obviously), this resulted in the music never returning to it's original volume and consequently, got louder throughout the evening.

Also suffering a similar fate are the soup scores below.  As there is never really a bad soup, the scores remain fairly similar each week, until the day when it spikes and the soup is exceptional, the scores get carried over to the next day and edited according to the response i receive from my senses (yes, the CB is a 5 senses experience, i can expand on this if necessary).

I suppose you want to hear how the soup is today?
Going into slightly more detail than normal, the consistency of the soup is OK, I've had better.  Jenkini (an esteemed co-worker of mine) mentioned that's it's "slightly watery", I agree.  On top of this, the beef is very dry and just breaks up on your mouth.  I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that the beef is really shipped in form Argentina.  That said, it's very tasty and this slight deviance in quality can only be put down to the fact that my tolerance to this soup is now astronomical, as are my expectations.

Out of 11 (check the date)
  • Taste: 11
  • Texture: 11
  • Bouquet/Aroma: 11
  • Heat - Temp: 11
  • Heat - Chilli: 11
  • Brownness: 11
  • Beef content: 11
Dipping choice for today: Cream cheese and Chives by Seabrooks.  I hate this "flavour", but it's all i had in my draw.
Days since "the spillage" and I've still not cleaned my keyboard: 29.  If i spill more soup on my keyboard, should i restart the counter or just forget it?

The length of this Blog can be blamed on my friend Don Kreecha Heersema, who complained that i was not being informative enough.  How's this one Don?


;)


Real scores:
Out of 11

  • Taste: 8
  • Texture: 8.5
  • Bouquet/Aroma: 7.5
  • Heat - Temp: 9
  • Heat - Chilli: 7.5
  • Brownness: 8
  • Beef content: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment