Tuesday 2 August 2011

A view from the Leek side

A chance for a differing view point today, as I'm stepping in for the absent author of the blog (don't worry avid fans, he'll be back tomorrow).

I opted for the Cream of Leek and Potato today, and whilst it's obviously no match for the mighty Chilli Beef, it's definitely a nice alternative. Thick, tasty and slightly less abrasive on the old chest that the CB, it went really well with my chicken and stuffing sandwich. Today was one of those days where I could've sank at least one more cup of the good stuff, I didn't though because that's just greedy isn't it.

Unfortunately, I don't dip anything in my soup, but just for consistency, I did have Seabrooks 'Beefy' crisps with my lunch...possibly the best crisps on sale at the moment if you exclude the awesomeness of Beef Monster Munch (which are technically corn and maize based snacks, as we all know).

P.S - check out my own blog 'Crystal Blue Dreams' for retro game related musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment