Tuesday 23 August 2011

Seventy one percent

The results of the variation poll are in and a almost overwelming 71% have voted for more variety of crisps. Hoorar!

Which is why today I'm risking the dreaded 'Crispy Bacon' flavour (Any need to stipulate whether it's crispy or not? Supose it'd be better than 'boiled bacon' flavour.) Just been checking the ingredients to see what it is that does not agree with me in Bacon flavoured crisps, erm, yeah. Potassium Chroride. I'm sure that there is a reason for the use of this stuff, but a quick search on the internet brought me the following result:

"Toxic agent (not used by all states) - Potassium chloride is given at a lethal dose in order to interrupt the electrical signaling essential to heart functions. This induces cardiac arrest. " - Taken from http://www.howstuffworks.com/lethal-injection4.htm

Now, I understand that there are food safety hygene standards, and this obviously can't bee too bad for you/I in small doses, but still...
Compared with the extremely limited ingredients that where on my American crisps from yesterday, which where simply 'Potatoes, Vegetable Oil and salt'.

The taste of the soup kinda passed me by today, last sip did give me an ever so slight twinge of spice, but then it's gone.

Dipping choice for today: Crispy Bacon by Wheat Crunchies

No comments:

Post a Comment