Wednesday 14 September 2011

Spicy tomato eh?

Like a sommelier in a fine restaurant I was today offered a chance to taste of the soup before i bought it. It made no difference in the end because being the polite character that I am, I was never going to say "Actually, i was after something with a slightly more fragrant bouquet" and spat the soup into a bucket, which wasn't there.

Luckly though, it's really nice.
From my point of view I can't understand why it's got the "spicy" prefix though.
I do appreciate that there is a broad spectrum of people who frequent their establishment, with palletts ranging from the super sensitive salad munchers, to the insane vindaloo eaters, but if they go to the trouble of stating that it's spicy, then i expect spicy. So's not to hurt the water drinkers they disapoint the spice fiends.

I demand a guatemalan insanity pepper in my soup tomorrow!

Dipping choice for today: Salt and Vinigar by Walkers.


A classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment